This is a general process for setting up a landing page, either in HubSpot or Landingi.
- Check the campaign brief
Always check the campaign brief doc before starting on a landing page so that you can answer these questions:
- what is the goal for this landing page?
- who is the target audience?
- what is the messaging?
Here's an example of a campaign brief: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iG9heF-G_UlOy77uuVRUwfF4bssm5NVI0Kbwjj6nP7s/edit?usp=sharing
- Prepare landing page mock-up in a Google doc
Note: there may be instances where a google doc mock-up may not be needed. i.e. if the client has provided the messaging and you have a HubSpot landing page you can clone and update the content. This would be quicker to do so use your best judgment.
- Make sure you follow the layout of an existing landing page to make the implementation as easy and as quick as possible
- Example: mockup: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bySNP2hr6U6ZBmlwBrFammO23hsGIrKNZdVtlyWWy-o/edit?usp=sharing
- Liaise with your graphic designer if an image is needed for the landing page
- Get this approved/quality checked by the relevant person
- Once approved, start preparing in HubSpot or Landingi
- HubSpot tutorial: https://app.hubspot.com/academy/306227/lessons/569/2864
- Landingi tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A72HKE9wOOE
Bonus: Landing Page best practices checklist
- Preview Devices: Have I previewed on mobile/tablet to look for any obvious issues?
- Readability: Have I previewed the pages and identified any elements or text that are hard to read?
- Links: Have I double-checked that all links/buttons on the page go where they should?
- Open in New Tab: If I do have links taking people away from the landing page, have I made these open in a new tab? (so that people still have the LP open, and we don't accidentally send them away)
- Form: Have I tested the form to check for any problems?
- Redirect to Thank You Page: Does the form redirect to the correct thank you page?
- Form Notifications: Have I set the form to notify the correct people?
- Page Title: Have I set a descriptive page title within character limits?
- Meta Description: Have I set a description meta description with a CTA at the end, and within character limits?
- Logo: Is the logo linked to the homepage?
- Images: Are the images following our best practices?
- file sizes are 300KB or less
- file naming conventions:
- No spaces
- Use dash (-) instead of space
- Use lowercase only
- Should be descriptive but not long
- Example: solar-panel-installation-sydney
- Uploaded to a relevant folder if uploaded to HubSpot (as opposed to just uploading it in the root folder)
- Have alt tags
- An alt tag should be a short description of what the image is
- Include keyword+target area if possible
eg: Solar Panel Install in Sydney
- Copy the alt tag to the title tag